A few blogs ago, we discussed how a change in your surroundings can replace negative reminders and provide instant gratification. One of the items on the list was having a music player or iPod speaker to have uplifting music at your fingertips and we provided a list in A Change in My Surroundings – Part 2. Another item on the list was having Bible verses, poems, calming passages posted or framed in your surroundings. I said that I would share some in a future blog. Here are a few:
- Psalm 23 in The Bible
- The Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr
- “Desiderata” by Max Ehrmann
- “Invictus” by William Ernest Henley
- “What It Takes to be Number One” by Vince Lombardi
- Prayer of Jabez in 1 Chronicles 4:9-10 in The Bible
- “If” by Rudyard Kipling
- “A Bag of Tools” by R. Lee Sharpe
- “Don’t Quit” sometimes credited as anonymous and other times credited to Edgar A. Guest
- Write your own inspirational, motivational and uplifting words to keep close by
This is not an exhaustive list, but a few to consider. Please let me know which you like and others that should be added to the list.
Melanie A. Nix – Triple negative breast cancer survivor. Resilience Coach, Reconstructionist™ and Health and Wellness Advocate. Always striving to color outside of the lines when defining my new normal.