A few blogs ago, we discussed how a change in your surroundings can replace negative reminders and provide instant gratification. One of the items on the list was having a music player or iPod speaker to have uplifting music at your fingertips and we provided a list in A Change in My Surroundings – Part 2. An item on the list was having Bible verses, poems, calming passages posted or framed in your surroundings and we provided a list in A Change in My Surroundings – Part 3. Another item on the list was uplifting books of hope, faith, courage and peace. I said that I would share some in a future blog. Here are a few:
- The Bible
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- The Prophet by Khalil Gibran
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss
- The Prayer of Jabez: Breaking Through to the Blessed Life by Dr. Bruce H. Wilkinson
- The Power of Hope The One Essential of Life and Love by Maurice Lamm
- Hope Happens! words of encouragement for times of change by Catherine DeVrye
- Be Happy 170 ways to transform your day by Patrick Lindsay
- Now Is the Time 170 Ways to Seize the Moment by Patrick Lindsay
- Inner Simplicity by Elaine St. James
This is not an exhaustive list, but a few to consider. Please let me know which you like and others that should be added to the list.
Melanie A. Nix – Triple negative breast cancer survivor. Resilience Coach, Reconstructionist™ and Health and Wellness Advocate. Always striving to color outside of the lines when defining my new normal.